RSPCA PROSECUTIONS INJUSTICE FORUM

Campaign to bring private prosecutions made by the RSPCA under the control of the CPS

Summons received, Advice needed.

Trilby Bee

Great result...well done!!

Post  Trilby Bee on Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:16 pm

www.antirspca.forumotion.co.uk is the link for the new site. I tried to PM it to you but sometimes the messages on the old site just didn't go. We were all absolutely delighted with the outcome but thought that they had a cheek asking you for £1000. Please do join us and repost on the new site and tell us more now that your nightmare is over!! So glad Sammy is home for Christmas. Very Happy

CatDog

Re: Summons received, Advice needed.

Post  CatDog on Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:36 am

Where's the new forum?
    Thanks so much for all the advice, and info whilst this has been going on...

We have her back and she is very happy.

I will NEVER pay the RSPCA anything ever again which is a shame because I love animals. They are such money grabbers, but from now on I will be supporting all my local animal centres,not the RSPCA...

And I will help spread the word about what has happened. I

If you need any help promoting, I enjoy advertising etc.

Smile

And thanks again.

Trilby Bee

Sammy home

Post  Trilby Bee on Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:20 am

Great news...I have already posted on the new forum and would like to hear all the details!! Very Happy It wouldn't have cost anything like 5000 to keep a dog.

moonstone

Summons received-advice needed

Post  moonstone on Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:05 am

WOW cheers that's fantastic news Smile so pleased that your aunt is getting Sammy back but why have you got to pay the costs to rspca? they brought the case against you so surely they should have the costs awarded against them as they lost No
    I would check this with your solicitor as i am sure that if you lose a case then the costs have to be paid by you (meaning rspca)they stole S ammy so they should have to pay for his keep Shocked Evil or Very Mad
    Perhaps the judges are becoming aware that lots of the cases brought by rspca are fake and should never go to court Smile well done its great news Very Happy

CatDog

WE WON !!!!!

Post  CatDog on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:23 pm

WON THE CASE ON Monday :)Getting Sammy back but my aunty has to pay £1000 costs... apparently it costs the RSPCA £5000 in the months THEY kept our Sammy. Very pleased though despite the costs.

Smile we CAN beat them!!

moonstone

Summons received..advice needed

Post  moonstone on Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:05 am

Is there any update on this case yet?

Trilby Bee

Summons Received, Advice Needed.

Post  Trilby Bee on Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:06 pm

So true, it's awful how they pick the owners who have had their pets for donkey's years and just grab them. Did your aunt see the solicitor yet? I'd question WHO actually took her dog as no notice was left and it took some time to find where she was. Also if they grabbed her to treat her, why have they not managed to get her coat to gwow? RSPCA must be accompanied by a policeman before they can take an animal as far as I know. Are you telling me the neighbours saw othing? Please keep us updated. I cannot work out why other people on the site, as dreadful as it is, have had their animals stolen, but at least got to see them. They had my horse for months and I was not once allowed to see her...it wasn't as though she was infectious, also they moved her 100 miles away before the case was over and that was it, still they wouldn't tell me where she was. Think it depends on the "inspector" (I use the word loosely you undersand) and mine was a particularly nasty piece of work altho not especially high-ranking in the Gestapo. I'd had a previous run-in with her before and she couldn't wait to get her own back.

i think, moonstone, the reason theses cases are adjourned is that the Gestapo does not like doing outside work in the bad weather, they prefer to be sitting in a nice warm courtroom. I never heard of them doing too much when the weather is cold and wet. Evil or Very Mad

moonstone

Summons received-advice needed

Post  moonstone on Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:39 am

No surprise i'm afraid Shocked sorry to hear that the animal thugs are going ahead with prosecuting your aunt Sad i have heard of several cases being adjourned until November Shocked that's probably giving them more time to prepare/invent a greivance against an innocent woman No does your aunt gy any chance,own her house? may seem a strange question but rspca will often pick on "easy" targets and even better if the receipiant has a property which they can ask for a charge to be put against to offset any costs that they will no doubt run up in their quest to browbeat animal lover's Evil or Very Mad

CatDog

Post  CatDog on Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:04 am

Ok so court case was on Monday, and its been adjourned until November.

I guess that is when the real fight starts?

Absolutely disgusted at how they have picked on someone who's dearly loves her animals Sad

Sad

CatDog

Post  CatDog on Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:59 pm

Hello all,

Thanks for the message. Sorry I haven't been on much, we've just moved.

Right, so I need an update off my aunty so I'll be back on soon however from our last conversation, she was going to speak to a solicitor who deals with these cases.

She saw Sammy the day I mentioned and her and my uncle said that Sammy's had a dog coat on and that she hadn't grown hardly any hair back, in fact the coat looked like they were covering this fact... so that shows me that whatever they have been doing in what months and months has not worked... So they took a dog out of a loving home and completely messed everything up so far, we miss her so much.

I'll be back once I've spoken to my aunt.

THANK YOU for the support and the concern.

Trilby Bee

Post  Trilby Bee on Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:04 pm

Hi Moonstone

....have not seen or heard for quite some time...yes, I also wondered how Sammy came to be in the clutches of the Gestapo as no-one seemed to know anything about it, but you and I both know about the sort of slimeballs Twisted Evil who might well wait until the house is empty and climb over and hand the dog to the Luftwaffe. The worrying thing also, as I know, is that the longer it goes on and the longer that have the dog, the more the costs will be...in addition to the fact that the dog is not with her owners. I may send a PM if there is nothing soon?

Take care, Trilby B Very Happy

moonstone

Summons received/advice needed

Post  moonstone on Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:19 am

Is there any update on this case?

JonJon

Post  JonJon on Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:59 pm

Rolling Eyes Still think they should be asked, how did they came to having Sammy in their position in the first place?

I am curious about this, did anyone get an interview under caution by the RSPCA inspectors involved? or police.

And on the charge sheet what is the Animal welfare Act 2006 section they are using is it 9?

Don’t forget that in law only (in only a severely bad case of suffering) they can PTS but that doesn’t stop them doing anything bad to Sammy Suspect I am afraid.

And the dog is still your property, until the court decides otherwise.

Trilby Bee

Post  Trilby Bee on Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:55 am

Also, further to Moonstone's post, I believe if they had taken the dog themselves they should have left you a notice with the ID details/number of the Gestapo officer (Obergruppenfuhrer) who took Sammy. Is it possible that one of your neighbours was slimey enough to climb over your Aunt's fence and grab the dog and take her to the RSPCA? Is there an RSPCA near you? It's odd to me that no-one is admitting to knowing how the dog got there. I am fairly sure, but stand to be corrected, that if they take an animal they have to have the police with them and the police have to have a Court Order. But they break the law and "seize" animals without a court order. Please make a note of everything you can to give to your solicitor...if it's Legal Aid you will have to kick them up the ar*e as they will do the minimum. Mine were a waste of space. Sammy will be defo alive, so was my horse until the court case. Sammy is still alive because you have not yet been to court. They do not know if you will lose the case or win it. If you win it you will get your dog back. You cannot get Sammy back if they have killed her. If they win, they will give a press release with pictures of Sammy (before and after) and your Aunt's age (!) and address. They will make a point of saying how poor Sammy is now being rehabilitated with a view to having her rehomed with people who will take good care of her. This is exactly what they did with my horse. They took her and kept her for SIX months until after the court case.I could understand if she was in such poor condition that she had to be PTS immediately, but she was fine for the next six months and would have been fine for years. They then signed her over to World Horse Welfare who issued a press release saying she was being treated beautifully and being rehabilitated to be rehomed. When I checked her passport details on NED (National Equine Database) it said quite clearly that she had been slaughtered. She did not once appear on the World Horse Welfare rehoming list. They made ZERO attempt to rehome the horse who was an easy horse with beautiful manners. WHW are as bad as the RSPCA. Evil or Very Mad

moonstone

Sumons resceived-advice needed.

Post  moonstone on Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:11 am

Have the rspca given your aunt a reason why they have her dog? just a thought but all rescues (of which the rspca claim to be although animal Gestapo would be a better name)have a 7 day period in which,by law,they MUST try to find the owner of a lost animal Shocked they are not allowed to dispose of the pet or PTS (unless it is terminal)but have to do everything in their power to trace an owner and return it to them Smile obbviously they have not done this with Sammy No so they are acting illegally if they are keeping him Rolling Eyes give all this advice to your solicitor Smile

CatDog

Thanks

Post  CatDog on Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:49 am

Thank you for you're replies.
    Sammy is definitely still alive, in fact the Inspector phoned my aunt yesterday and they have said she can visit on Friday at 2.30pm, and that they are bringing her back to locally (because they moved her 4hours away or something)

I am assuming we will see Sammy and she will be covered in hair, and almost "fixed" I am sure she will take a very good after picture but this is just my opinion my aunt is very afraid for the cats even though they are absolutely fine and dont need any medi part from flea stuff etc.

So, we will definitely look for an animal solicitor, i hope there is one locally.

I will spread the word after this case and i think shes in court in 4 weeks. I am disgusted how the RSPCA work tbh, its nothing like the picture perfect adverts they show the public.

moonstone

summons received-advice needed

Post  moonstone on Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:46 am

As an afterthought make sure that you tell everyone you know about the rspca and how they operate and remember that they have no powers Very Happy not of arrest (although they will read you your rights,it is not an arrest as they do not have the power to do that only the police have)
    The more people know this the less chance they have of stealing our pet's cheers

moonstone

Summons received..advice needed

Post  moonstone on Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:41 am

Firstly welcome to the forum and sorry that you are having problems eith the animal thugs Sad
    My first thought was..are you sure that your Sammy is still alive? as usually any animal that they think they will not be able to sell on i.e old/sick/ugly they PTS immiediatly they reach the kennels Shocked they don't want to waste their money on unsaleable "goods"
    Next i would get your vet to speak up for you (or your auntie)his word is taken above that of an inspector as they will tell you themselves that they are not vet's No your vet will be able to explain Sammy's condition and that he was receiving treatment for this (even though he hadn't had his tablets for a few months)
    The cats should be fine..they are not interested in them as they will not be a cruelty case Smile when i had my rabbits stolen i had 8 cats here and they never even looked at them,they were not interested only in my rabbits Surprised
    You need to get legal advice from a lawyer who can deal with rspca...any ordinary lawyer will not have the knowhow to deal with them Shocked and remember that the judges/solicitor's that are at court are one's that are "in" with rspca so you will not get a fair hearing No
    It seems odd that Sammy arrived at rspca without your aunt being reported so it does seem as though someone either took him or a malicious neighbour did No in which case he should not have been kept but returned when it was revealed that he was not a stray (which they no longer deal with anyway)It's obvious that they see your aunt as an "easy" target Evil or Very Mad she loves her dog but that will not matter to them they will just be after a conviction and masses of publicity for them along with shock/horror stories in the newspapers/tv.
    They may ask your aunt to plead guilty to cruelty Shocked so saving them the cost of a trial..tell her not to agree to this and she doesn't have to reply to any questions they may ask just say "no comment"
    If you google animal solictors you will come up with several names that will be able to give you expert advice on how to deal with rspca and do be careful what you put on forum's as they monitor them trawling through looking for any evidence that will help them get a conviction..in one case a man had a whole thread that he had put up on a forum read out and used against him in court Evil or Very Mad that's how dirty they fight Evil or Very Mad

CatDog

Post  CatDog on Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:31 am

When they inspected the house, you know that first inspection that they view your house and make comment. That's when they saw the cats (which there was just 2 cats at this point) and they have had 3 kittens. They said they were well looked after, or similar to that, but I wasn't there that day, it was my auntys place they visited.

and it was the Inspector who said that not the call centre

Trilby Bee

Post  Trilby Bee on Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:58 am

Make a note of all this sort of rubbish, they are a call centre and are probably answering calls for HSBC Bank tomorrow. And tell the solicitor everything that has happened so far and how they couldn't even tell you if they had Sammy or not. And don't be bothered about getting up their noses, you need to find out HOW she got to the RSPCA.

When exactly did they see the cats/kittens and why?? Just out of interest...

CatDog

Post  CatDog on Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:50 am

Basically Sammy went missing...
    We phoned around and put it all over Facebook and then my aunty phoned our local RSPCA to see if they had heard anything, they had her...

The police were involved but they told my Aunt they DID NOT take Sammy but RSPCA say the same and as they did not leave a calling card or anything, so I think it must have been a neighbour, or passer by(but it is one LARGE fence).

I have phoned loads, but last week I called that number 08001234999 and not once did i get through, I have the "inspectors" name but she told me on the phone that it was not neglect and that it was because she had not had medication...
    THEN she received the summons in the post and phoned me Sad Sad

We have a lot of people who can vouch for my aunt, she has ALWAYS been that person to take in stray cats and dogs, even Sammy was given to us by a family ten years ago who couldn't look after her.

I will do as much as I can to help her though, because I am disgusted at how the RSPCA treat innocents when they let real crimes towards animals slip away...

The RSPCA came round to Inspect the property at the beginning, and they said its fine etc and also said that the cats were well looked after.

I have told my aunty about this site, and she'll probably join soon but I am a super mitherer, and my aunt was worried that we would piss the RSPCA off by calling so much, i phoned loads last week just to speak to this Inspector.

I phoned our local RSPCA last week, and the woman said "your aunty signed the dog over to is this morning, and that her daughter phoned and she confessed she had washed her with bleach.."
    I SAID What are you on about? Number one my aunty NEVER washes her dogs in anything like that and number two she doesn't have a daughter, I'm the only person who has phoned the past week.
    RSPCA WOMAN " aaah well we have the dog now"
    I said " you've had her for months.
    RSPCA WOMAN " Ohh, hhahaha we're talking about a completely different case, what's your dog called again...

Is this really how the RSPCA deal with people, I felt sick when she had said that because I know my aunty has never mistreated her animals, she has books on dogs cats, fish and they are all fine. The only problem is that the vets bill was so high that they missed a couple of months.

I NEVER knew that the RSPCA helped with vets bills, i only found out on the automated phone line, it said for vet bills choose option five, (or similar)

Sorry for the super rant, but we love Sammy and want her back, and now we are worried about the cats despite them already checking them.

Trilby Bee

Post  Trilby Bee on Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:19 am

Another thought CatDog: they will not ring to tell you how Sammy is doing but they will not be able to have her PTS until after any trial, obviously, as the magistrates might decide she has to be returned. But you can ring them and ask about her. Do you know the name of the "Inspector" (I use the term loosely, since, in my opinion, they are not capable of inspecting my grandmother's a**se)who seized her? Did they leave a calling card? They should have left a note with the "inspector's" name and number. The only number they will give you 1s their call centre number which is 0300 1234 999. Try ringing that number to ask about her and say that you want the person who took Sam to call you back. if you do not ring and ask about her they may well say you were not sufficiently interested in her to bother to ring them. Evil or Very Mad I feel it is clear that a neighbour is involved. Quite often it is someone you know, in my case it was someone whose horse I had cared for several times when they went on holiday. Your Aunt will not want to believe it, but it's a fact. Sad

Take care.

JonJon

Been reading this !

Post  JonJon on Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:40 pm

I have been reading this and I agree about legal advice. And would like to ask is it only the RSPCA involved
    Because there is a point I should raise, that unless the police are involved with reference to your property (Animals or anything included) only the police have the authority to remove anything.

Also you should have a signed receipt.

Talk about it with your legal adviser.

The RSPCA or any other charity, have absolutely no authority to remove your property without consent from you (or you sign them over). Try and see if anyone is a witness to what happened Question or you can ask them.

They often get the police involved and tell them that the animal/animals are suffering, they take them in hand, and hand them over to the RSPCA.

You are entitled to an independent Veterinary inspection witch the RSPCA are obliged to pay for.

You quoted the RSPCA have had her now for 3 months, hardly had a phone call off them updating. That’s not surprising, although it’s your right to visit your pet in there care they still make excuses to try to stop it all.

Only to say Neutral I have also been through all this in court.

Trilby Bee

Post  Trilby Bee on Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:43 am

If she is found guilty, much depends on the magistrates, whether they impose a ban on keeping all animals and for how long. If you have good pictures of the dog over the years it might help, but I think her best chance is to get a vet who will back you up who has known the dog over the years.You can be sure they will have taken pictures of Sammy making her look as awful as possible and will produce them in court and show them to the magistrates who will pull long faces. Is there anyone she can lodge her cats and kittens with until it's all over. If the sneaky b*****d who called the RSPCA then rings again to say that your Auntie has cats as well, she can say she has rehomed them. Sometimes they just ban one sort of animal, sometimes it's everything. That is something you can ask the lawyer - make a list of what you want to ask him/her.

But I do feel you need a supportive vet of your own and I am surprised (or maybe I'm not) that the RSPCA did not say to you that you could have your own vet come out and write their own report on Sammy. I thought you were entitled to do that, so that's another thing to ask the lawyer. Does your Aunt have a vet for the cats who would be prepared to back her up?

You are so right - the bullies who burn animals and throw them to their Bull Terriers get a slap on the wrist or a three year ban. My case was very much like yourAunt's and I got a ten-year ban, much the same as the wife and daughters in the Spindles Farm case where there were dead horses rotting all over the place. That was because I pleade Not Guilty, the magistrates don't like you to do that, and in fact there is a notice in the court waiting area which says that if you plead Guilty up front you get a reduced sentence.

I am glad you are going with your Aunt as she will need all the help she can get. And, once this is over, if Sammy is kept by RSPCA, she will be PTS as being too old to be rehomeable. Sorry to be pessimistic.

Good luck with the lawyer, let us know what he says.

CatDog

what's next?

Post  CatDog on Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:42 am

Thank you for your reply. I have just informed her on the phone, and I will go to the solicitors with her for support.

HOWEVER, she is also very worried that she has 5cats/ 3 kittens. Will they be taken off her if she is found guilty?

I think I have loads of pictures of Sammy through the years, can you give me any advice on what I need to support her case.

Such a horrible situation to be in, and whilst some Chavs make their dogs fight one another or beat them with chains, and nothing is done about it, my aunty who is a big animal lover has a summons.

What a terrible situation they have put her in, she just wants Sammy back before she is too old and passes away with all the crap she has been through. I cant imagine how she feels being away from home for so long without home comforts.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:26 am