RSPCA PROSECUTIONS INJUSTICE FORUM

Campaign to bring private prosecutions made by the RSPCA under the control of the CPS

help and advice to get my horses back

123tom

Re: help and advice to get my horses back

Post  123tom on Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:44 am

i was lucky i caught them taking my horse they lredy took 6 of my before i got there but there faces were a picture when i turned up they never had a warrent or nothing and the rspca didnt leave no paper work either i got no pper work atall of them

Trilby Bee

Help and Advice to get My Horses Back

Post  Trilby Bee on Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:22 pm

millie1* wrote:123Tom - if you can and wish to you may publish my PM advice on the forum, I 'speak' with others who have also commented, but I think my advice is ratehr more directed - ie telling your solicitor what he should be doing ( he wont know!) Also, did the police sign off the seizure - they are woefully unaware of their responibilities - check out the only force to issue guidlelines - google promoting animal welfare and look for Northumbria Police. If they were signed off under Section 18 5 b - circumstances not changing then they will suffer, the Police should sign the horses over to RSPCA by Section 18, 8 (they dont know this and you may be able to get seizure as unlawful). Also see Northumbria notes on leaving message - it is the police who should leave the message not the RSPCA.

Please feel free to publish my advice for others to see if you can work out how!

Never knew that, MIllie, it was definitely not the Police who left a note re: my mare it was the RSPCA who left an illegible note on a piece of RSPCA paper. And the plice had no court order.
    Also, am sure Tom said there was no note left for him or handed to him. They do exactly as they like and they get away with it. And the solicitors supposedly defending you don't know f*** all about the AWA 2006. They get paid for nothing.

Trilby Bee

Post  Trilby Bee on Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:15 pm

Well, Tom

It is so awful for you to see your pony like this, but the PLUS side is that it does sound as tho your vet is supporting you and is not impressed with the way your horses are being cared for. Also, at least you are getting to see them and can see for yourself what is going on. My mare (I had her from age 3 to 22) was stolen and I was not told where she was even though I was still paying insurance for her every month and I held her passport. Without even consulting me she was moved to the World Horse "so-called" Welfare yard and after the case they shot her. That was their idea of rehabilitaing her and rehoming her, they are all a pack of liars. But at least you get to see yours and can make notes and possibly take photos. If your vet says your boy should be on box rest and you find him turned out, try to get pictures of it on your camera. Is this woman just someone the RSPCA pays to keep the horses they steal? Obviously it would cost MORE to keep your arthritic pony stabled and would be more work with the mucking out etc.

I am really sorry that your wife is so upset; of course she is. Even now I have nightmares about them. Last night I had this nightmare that the doorbell rang and I opened it and there was an RSPCA person in uniform who told me she had come to shoot my old cat and proceeded to do so. It happens most nights, same woman, different nightmare but I am always awake at 3 o'clock and cannot get back to sleep. Think I might sue for psychological injury!! They ruin so many people's lives I'm afraid. I hope your vet writes a really damning letter about their treatment of your horses. Mad

PS Did they ever do the video of your field? Strange idea that!

123tom

Post  123tom on Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:06 am

we got to go and see our horses on the 27th of september when we got there the woman that is minding them asked if my biggest one has ever suffered with arthritus and i replyed no s i walked into the field witrh him because he wouldnt walk towards us he just stayed in same place i noticed that his tendants were bit swollen on his hind leg she said he had been like that for 3 days and she was going to give him another day or 2 to see if it got any better i then turned round and said well ill get my vet out and if he has got arthritus then i will get the treatment and get him sorted out she then said no if he is still bd in a couple of days we will get our vet out then she said as for you paying the bill with a horse with arthritus thats if you get them back after that my wife went to the car upset as she knew he was in pain but we couldnt do anything to help him at that moment in time with that it was time for us to leave we all then left the next day the 28th of september i contacted the rspca officer and told him we were going to have the court case ajerned as we wanted blood taken from one of our horses by our vet nd for him to look at shadows leg the rspca officer then said yes that is ok but then did not get intouch with the vet so we gave our vet his mobile number eventually he got hold of him after days of trying and was arranged for him to go out to check them on the 10th of october but our vet had to cancel that morning as he had a emergancy to go to he then asked could he rebook for as soon as possible and he got the 16th of october when he got there he took the bloods of the other pony and then went to shadow he seen that he couldnt walk proper and tht he was proper lame on his leg he asked her to bring him in off the field whilst he checked him out in a stable he asked her has he had a vet out to look at him as it has been over 3 weeks now as she said that she would of done 2 days after we got to go and see them all but she never did the vet then said this is a joke if he would of been back in our care he would of been delt with s soon as the problem accored he said he then gave him a pain killer injection nd told her that he needs full stable rest so all swelling would go down and that she made it very clear that she would get her vet out to look at him as he was leaving after him telling her to keep him stabled he was returned back out into the field with the others i have spoken to my vet today he told me everything that happened as i have just told u and that he found it bad that the pony was in alot of pain but didnt get a vet out and told me that all he could do is advise her and would send me a copy of the vet report for me to take to court in 2 weeks and that there wasnt much else he could do i then foned my solicitor who took a brief note of it and said he would send the solicitor a letter telling her that we are not happy i then said no i wanted him to fax them or phone them stating that i am very upset and unhappy that my pony was left to suffer in pain for over 3 weeks after i offered to get my vet out there and then so my solicitor was going to fax them after he got off the fone to me and he ws going to get back in touch once they replyed very good people arnt they Evil or Very Mad

millie1*

further to my PMs

Post  millie1* on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:03 am

123Tom - if you can and wish to you may publish my PM advice on the forum, I 'speak' with others who have also commented, but I think my advice is ratehr more directed - ie telling your solicitor what he should be doing ( he wont know!) Also, did the police sign off the seizure - they are woefully unaware of their responibilities - check out the only force to issue guidlelines - google promoting animal welfare and look for Northumbria Police. If they were signed off under Section 18 5 b - circumstances not changing then they will suffer, the Police should sign the horses over to RSPCA by Section 18, 8 (they dont know this and you may be able to get seizure as unlawful). Also see Northumbria notes on leaving message - it is the police who should leave the message not the RSPCA.

Please feel free to publish my advice for others to see if you can work out how!

123tom

Post  123tom on Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:05 am

i will be phoning my solicitor in the morning and telling him that they are all stressed and what problems they have now since they have been with this woman and i will let yous all know wht he says to me

Trilby Bee

Post  Trilby Bee on Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:06 am

They really put you up against it, don't they? Rolling Eyes So the woman who is "looking after" your horse, the one with arthritis, is she someone the RSPCA pays to have them? Is it a private yard or what? How does she know you will not get this horse back? Is she a fortune teller...no, she has no right to say anything as the outcome of the case is not up to her. Tell your lawyer what she said and ask what he thinks of it. I am surprised you are allowed to see them to be honest, they hid mine and I never got to see her again. She was passed on and then shot. They are very caring people aren't they?
    I had an old pony in my yard with arthritis and she was on Bute (Equipalazone powders) long term and they kept her going for years and she was quite comfortable and died aged 34. You can keep a horse going with arthritis, it's not the end of the world. Occasionally they took her out for a short light hack as their vet said it would keep her mobileand her legs a bit more flexible.
    And re your other post, anyone with a grain of sense knows you do NOT hit a horse in the face, it achieves nothing, just makes the horse headshy then they can say it is difficult, we can't rehome it,it's too highly strung, let's get rid and shoot it. Twisted Evil

123tom

Post  123tom on Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:43 am

i will be contacting my solicitor on monday the vet is due to go out there on tuesday next week to check 2 of them as one now has arthritus aswell ow in his back leg but the rspca didnt even know this the woman that has them told me that i said i will sort this out when i get him home she said he wont be coming home who is she to tell me Evil or Very Mad

moonstone

Help and advice to get my horses back

Post  moonstone on Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:51 pm

I am so angry after reading your message Evil or Very Mad how can an organistaion that claims to be for prevention of cruelty actually cause suffering to an innocent animal Sad it's obvious that your horse is stressed and suffering being in the hands of total strangers who are obviously not taking proper care No
    I would feel that i HAD to go get my horses away from them although i know you will not be able to do this Shocked
    Contact your solicitor with this info and hopefully they will be able to try to get your horses released from the hellish conditions that they are being forced to live in Sad also i would get your vet to attempt to get access Smile he should be able to do this and if he can proce that the horses are suffering in their "care" then to get them sent home Smile
    You have my sympathy Sad i know dealing with them is like banging your head against a brick wall Twisted Evil

Trilby Bee

Post  Trilby Bee on Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:09 pm

Hello 123 TOM: You don't have to be clever to hit a horse in the face and that will not stop him windsucking or crib biting. Did he do this before he was stolen by the RSPCA or is he doing it out of stress that maybe he is now stabled which he was not used to before? Horses do not normally suddenly start to crib/windsuck for no reason. When they stoe my mare they stabled her and then said her eyesight must be bad as she was bashing into the stable walls. She was obviously box-walking out of stress (this was a mare that lived out 24/7 and hated to be boxed. Also, she had been in my yard since she was three years oldand was 22 when they stole her. They are truly shameless. Evil or Very Mad

123tom

Post  123tom on Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:39 am

i have found out now that one of my horses now wind sucks and when he did it whilst we was there the woman that is looking after them all hit him in his face Sad

123tom

Post  123tom on Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:15 am

yes they are and have already cautioned us aswell but both solicitors have called it all a mess Very Happy

moonstone

Help and advice to get our horses back

Post  moonstone on Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:12 am

It will give you more time to prepare your case BUT it will also give them more time for rspca to prepare their lies No
    It's possible that they make ask you to take a caution Surprised this saves them the expense of a court hearing (and possibly losing)but they get their result No their caution does not mean anything as they are only an animal charity Smile they will also try to string out procedings for as long as possible so their costs (to you) will be higher Evil or Very Mad if you are found guilty Sad
    Have they actually said why they are prosecuting you?

123tom

Post  123tom on Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:20 am

we told then we had been advised by our solicitor not to let them on and that if they come on then we will prosicute

Trilby Bee

Post  Trilby Bee on Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:50 am

That's good, Tom. My solicitor was such a drip he sent me to court monkey to ask for an adjournment which meant that the RSPCA solicitors were already there and I got charged for the day anyway, despite the fact I had a two-hour trip to court and had to be up by 4.30 to get there on time. At least your legal team is DOING something for their money...mine did naff all. This gives you time to get everything straight on paper. What happened about their smart idea of doing a video?

keep us clued in?

123tom

Post  123tom on Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:36 pm

hi my solicitor contacted the rspca solicitor and they have both agreed to agern it for 4 weeks as the paper work is a mess said there solicitor

Trilby Bee

Post  Trilby Bee on Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:49 am

Tom, just saw that your horses/ponies went on 23 May. The RSPCA will bill you for keeping them all for five months. Vets' fees (and they use the greediest and most unbelievably expensive vets)and farriers fees. They put shoes on ponies which are not even going out of the field, the farrier they used on my mare (who was not being ridden after they stole her) charged £70 for two shoes where most farriers in this part of the world charge 70 for a full set. It is NOT their money they are spending, so they don't give a toss.You had better make sure you have no money that they can see, and cut up any credit cards you may have. Make sure you have NOTHING or they will grab the lot. The vets fees alone will be thousands. And after spending all that on vets they will hand them to World Horse Welfare who take their photos looking nice and well groomed etc then they shoot them. And do not believe anyone who tells you you can pay a costs or a fine a tenner a month...I was told that by everyone, lawyers, barristers, you name it. If you have credit cards (and the will check on Experian) they will make you put thousands on a card. So do yourself a favour,cut them up and cancel them.

Good luck. Exclamation

Trilby Bee

Post  Trilby Bee on Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:36 am

TOM: how did your wife get on with the lawyer? Hopefully OK. Any more nonsense about them making a video of the field ( Rolling Eyes )or have they given up on that? Also, out of interest, how long ago did they take the ponies? It seems to me they are getting you to court superfast, it took at least three months in my case. They kept my mare for six months until the case was over then handed her to the World Horse Welfare who boasted on their website that she was being rehabilitated and rehomed but I found out for sure that WHW simply shot her. She never went on the rehoming list (I checked weekly).

Please let us know how your wife got on with the solicitors and good luck Friday. Maybe your lawyer will get it adjourned and give you more time to get your facts together? Wish the RSPCA would spend their time sorting out obvious cruelty like the Grand National (no, they will not take on anyone with obvious money) and the Halal abattoirs. I'm sure if you cut your dog's throat the RSPCA would have something to say about that?
    I wish you all the best Tom.

123tom

Post  123tom on Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:31 am

i hope the welsh rspca can read this they cant hert us more than they have already

moonstone

hELP AND ADVICE TO GET MY HORSES BACK

Post  moonstone on Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:32 am

Well it seems a pretty flimsy excuse to get their grubby/greedy hands on your horses but that's rspca for you No they smell money (donations and bad press) and lose all sense of right and wrong Shocked just a word of warning Shocked be careful how much info you put on forum's as rspca monitor all forum's and will use any info they can get on your case TO HELP WITH THEIR PROSECUTION CASE (sorry caplocks alway's doing that lol)

Trilby Bee

Post  Trilby Bee on Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:13 pm

I am fairly sure that ragwort is the responsibility of the landowner /landlord, although the landlord will try to put the responsibility onto the occupant. There are no hard and fast rules about ragwort as far as I know (check the British Horse Society website) but I am sure the advice is to "keep it down". Which we all know and we all know too that horses will normally only eat ragwort when they are starving/no grass, or when it is dried and mixed in with hay. It IS poisonous, but most horses will only eat if they are seriously hungry.

As for your fencing, Tom, horses will get thro anything if they really want to, especially if you are resting a field and they get a sniff of good rich grass. We had electric fencing at my yard, a really strong electric current and we were careful to be sure the battery was fully charged. But those mares would be through it. We had one hairy little Highland mare (her name was Sylvia) who was clever enough to know that she could charge thro the fencing, demolish it (she felt nothing as she was so hairy)and the rest of the herd would be thro there after her. In another field we had BARBED WIRE fencing (two layers)which we though might stop her. But no, she worked out that if she put her big hairy foot on the bottom strand of barbed wire and lifted up her big hairy head and mane, she could make a big circle of the two strands of barbed wire and get thro. She did this until she was 29 and her laminitis was so bad that she had to be PTS.

If you have PROOF that they lied (which we DO know happens) YOU MUST give it to your lawyer. IT HAS TO BE IRREFUTABLE PROOF. I never heard of anynoe being charged because their fencing was not A1 OK. My yard had new post and rail, paid for by me, which some horses demolished as they had lice and rubbed their arses and gave to my mare. This is why the miserable RSPCA charged me and no-one else. They make me want to puke.

Last edited by Trilby Bee on Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:21 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

123tom

Post  123tom on Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:12 am

hi they took them for inadiquete fencing ie barb wire and sheep wire but when we went to see them the other day they were in a field with wich the fencing was exactly the same
    they said we had no water but we payed over a 1000 pound to get it conected by united utilities in 2011
    they said the fields were covered in ragwart when the ragwart wasnt even up when they taken them
    and because they got out one night onto the road but i had proof that someone had smashed my locks and lead them out onto the road

moonstone

Help and advice to get my horses back

Post  moonstone on Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:06 am

Well i wouldn't bank on it i'm afraid Surprised it depends on whether they can bring a prosecution against you albeit on a flimsy excuse Evil or Very Mad
    Have they said why they took your horses? and why they are willing to give your friend his ponies back but not yours
    If they are kept in the same conditions then it does seem a bit odd that they keep yours
    but hand others back :shock
    Hope your wife get's on ok with the lawyer.

123tom

Post  123tom on Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:27 am

hi we are in court this friday my wife has a appointment today at 3 too see the solicitor ogaras is it true if i cann find evidence that they are lieing it will get thrown out of court ?

moonstone

How can i get my horses back?

Post  moonstone on Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:59 am

Welcome tom123 Smile Do NOT let them in your field/yard/house or anywhere else..they have NO POWERS they are just an animal charity (and not a very good one either)
    When they took your horses they were breaking the law...they cannot remove animals unless they have a court order which they must produce on gaining entry (you are within your rights to refuse them entry)to gain access to your home/field they mus have a warrant and make sure it is signed by a JP as they are fond of producingg a piece of paper and claiming that it is a warrant Shocked
    As they have already taken your horses there is not much you can do now until you find out why they have taken them and if you are being charged No
    Get your vet to inspect your premises as his/her report will be needed for your defence Shocked also get them to speak to rspca.
    You do not have to reply to any questions that they may ask you just say "no comment" as they twist every word you say to suit their own case.
    Consider consulting a solicitor who deals with the rights of animals as they will be the only ones knowleedgeable enough to outwit the scumbags Evil or Very Mad
    If you are on Facebook then consider joining "rspca money grabbing & couldn't care less" you will get xepert advice on there
    Keep us informeed and good luck you will need it Rolling Eyes

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:28 am